Monday 4 April 2011

The last day dawns

This weeekend brought another wedding and most of the accounts and admin department of AHC were there with the girls dressed up to the nines and looking fantastic. It is compulsory for them to dress up , but not the men, and luckily for me foreigners are let off too. The bride at this wedding changed 3 times while I blinked. Changes of 10 dresses over 2 days are not unusual.


Today was my last day at AHC. I am sad to leave but looking forward to seeing my son Matthew.
Although we were working (for most) of today it was very special. I was invited to Pol, the accountant's house for lunch and met his wife and 3 of his 4 children. The youngest was recovering from chicken pox. The eight year old read some of her English school book to me and they all showed me around the neighbourhood.

Then on the bike (yikes!) for a visit to 2 of his friends in the countryside, this is very different to the town and the houses are very simple shelters. One friend has made some ponds on his land and farms fish that I didn't recognise.

Then we went on a last tour on the roads around a few of the temples and to Bearay lake which I wish I had visited before.



After work and the final group photo most of the accounts department took me to a lovely Khmer restaurant which I would never have know about as a foreigner. It was all set under a thatched roof and the many courses of food were Ch'naing (delicious).










Kuala Lumpur for one night tomorrow and then onto London on Wednesday, not sure how I feel yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment